This are my husband favourite snack, so when I able to replicate the flavour, I was beyond happy, and he was not stop eating the later complain, how can I stop eating if your always cooked this kind of comfort food :D, that is the highest compliment as a cooked.
A friend asking me, have you ever getting out from kitchen, because you either cooking or eating, which kind of hilarious to be asked like that. But to be honest that kind of correct assumption, I love spending time in my kitchen, consider the amount of time I spend there as a healing therapy, but the thing are, then my husband were the one who going to eat all the food, the reason why he complaining :D.
Being the cooked at your own household take a toll too, my husband hate to out outside, and there is time for my kids, they are not eaten yet before eating any of my dishes, and the cooked sometime being attack by mood swing or just run out of energy. yep there is a perk on everything.
Vale, los vamos, a mi cocina
TAHU GEJROT – SPICY SMASH TOFU
- Ready to used fried tofu, I got it from my nearest Chinese store, it is in small cube, with neutral flavour — half it
- 4-5 green bird aye chillies
- 1 big size french shallot
- sea salt and pepper to taste
The sauce (boiled the ingredient bellow until it form runny sauce)
- 2 cup water
- 1/4 cup palm sugar or substitute with 3 tbs of brown sugar
- 1-2 tamarind paste, depend on your prefer sourness
- sea salt to taste
- Boiled all the sauce ingredient then set aside
- In pestle and mortar, put sea salt and pepper, shallot and chillies, ground them roughly.
- In bowl, smash the tofu lightly then pour in few table spoon of the sauce and few amount of mixed chillies, stirred it thoroughly.
- And ready to serve.