I think as Asian to be obsessed with ramen are treated as a norm :D, all my family member are crazy about ramen, it is like lazy my go to food, when I don’y have the energy to prepare extensive complicated food, and everyone are not going to complain for wanting another food, yep my kids occasionally do it, please mom could I have another kind of dishes.
But well, I couldn’t say that this dishes are simple to make, I couldn’t promise that :D, all depend on how bad you want to enjoy it, because you need to strain the miso paste so it wont clump into the soup, and I got several ingredient that you might be want to substitute into something else. I used shiimeji mushroom for it flavour and texture, you could replace it with shiitake mushroom though shiitake are stronger in flavour compare to shiimeji but the texture are splendidly yuumm.
The mixture of savoury miso, creamy soy cream, sweetness from sweetcorn, mellow texture of shiimeji, though I am not using proper ramen noodle, I used what I got in my cupboard, angel hair pasta :D, it worked perfectly as long as you just cooked it al dente
CREAMY MISO RAMEN
- 1 handfull of ramen noodle or pasta, cooked according the packaging, set aside
- 2-3 cloves od garlic, crushed it
- 2 tbs miso paste, strain it with some of the vegetable stock
- 100 gram shiimeji mushroom
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml soy based cooking cream
- 2 stalk of scallion, chopped roughly
- 1 stak of celery, chopped roughly
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Sweet corn to serve
- chilli oil to serve
- extra chopped scallion to serve
- in medium pot and medium heat, put inside the vegetable stock, crushed garlic and celery stalk, cooked until boiled seasoned with sea salt and pepper.
- After the stock are boiled, turn the heat to medium low, put inside the cream, shiimeji mushroom and strained miso paste, bring it back to boiled gently
- Lastly sprinkle with chopped scallion. Ready to serve
- To served, in bowl, put the ramen noodle, hot creamy miso broth, serve it with sweet corn, chilli oil and extra scallion.